Clara Harris murdered her husband by running him down repeatedly as the man’s teenage daughter begged Harris not to kill her father. In its new movie “Suburban Madness,” CBS whitewashes Harris’ “Murder by Mercedes” and portrays the convicted murderer as a victim worthy of sympathy.
Clara Harris claimed that she killed her husband in sudden passion because he was having an affair. CBS covered up convincing evidence that Clara was also having an affair at the time of the murder, and that David Harris–killed by an angry, controlling spouse as he tried to get out of a bad relationship–was in fact a victim of domestic violence.
Glenn detailed the anti-male distortions and lies in “Suburban Madness,” on His Side with Glenn Sacks on October 10. Glenn also discussed the new ABC series “Desperate Housewives” and what he called the “myth of the downtrodden wife and housewife.”
To learn more about the Clara Harris case, see:
- Glenn’s column “In Defense of David Harris” (LewRockwell.com, 3/4/03)
- Glenn’s column “Convicted Murderess Can Get Custody but Decent Fathers Can’t” (Houston Chronicle, 9/19/03)
- Hear Bobbi Bacha, the leading investigator in the Clara Harris case, on His Side–Texas P.I. Reveals Secrets Behind Clara Harris’ ‘Murder by Mercedes’ (9/28/03).
To learn more about the domestic equation, including the “lazy husband” myth and the alleged “victimhood” of wives and housewives, see:
- Glenn’s column The Price of Fatherhood–a Father’s Reply to Ann Crittenden’s “Mothers’ Manifesto’ (Los Angeles Daily Journal, San Francisco Daily Journal, 1/10/02)
- Glenn’s column Indiana Woman’s ‘Housework Strike’: Maybe It’s Husbands Who Should Strike (Gary Post-Tribune, 11/8/02) (co-authored by shared parenting advocate Dianna Thompson)
- Glenn’s column Dowd on Women and the ‘Baby Bust’: It’s All Men’s Fault (Cybercast News Service, 4/18/02)
- Glenn’s column Stay-at-Home Dads: A Practical Solution to the Career Woman’s Dilemma (Newsday, 5/22/02)
- His Side: Is Today’s Dad a Wimp and a Slacker? (July 25, 2004)